The Positive Birth Company’s award-winning Freya App has been listed as one of Apple’s Top Paid Apps of the Year by the App Store for three years running (2019, 2020 and 2021). Since its release, the app has now supported a total of 159,749 people around the world through labour and birth.
During these past few years of uncertainty, the pandemic has caused the majority of antenatal and postnatal classes to be cancelled across the UK and beyond. Hundreds of thousands of women and birthing people have been left feeling unprepared and worried about the prospect of giving birth.
Freya will help you to remain calm and in control throughout labour as the more relaxed you are, the more comfortable your labour will be. The app will also keep track of how frequently your surges (contractions) are coming and how long they last. Freya will even let you know when it might be a good time to contact your midwife.
Freya is the world's first hypnobirthing-friendly surge timer and virtual birth partner. Available in 6 languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese), Freya is available to download worldwide from both the App Store and the Play Store for just £2.99.
- iPhone and Apple Watch app
- A timer to record your surges (also known as a contraction timer)
- Coaching audio to keep your mind focus on breathing through each surge
- A gentle expanding visualisation which you can use to sync your breathing
- A detailed log of your surges over time, so you can track your progress through labour
- Ability to easily share the log with your birth partner, midwife or doula
- Guided relaxations, positive affirmations and soothing visuals to help keep you calm and relaxed, making birth easier, quicker and more straightforward (can also be used in pregnancy and postnatally)
- Coaching created by renowned hypnobirthing expert Siobhan Miller, founder of The Positive Birth Company
Siobhan Miller, Founder of The Positive Birth Company, has launched several digital products since the company’s launch in 2016, including the Hynobirthing Digital Pack, the Post Partum Pack, the TTC (Trying To Conceive) Pack and most recently the Pregnancy Pack. Speaking about the success of Freya App, Siobhan explains,
“I created Freya to support people through labour and birth but I could not have foreseen the pandemic and what an invaluable source of support Freya would become for all those who have had to face labour alone due to covid restrictions. Looking at the recent download figures, we know that it is more important than ever for women and birthing people to have the opportunity to access affordable, prenatal and postnatal education online. Digital support at this time is crucial. At The Positive Birth Company we are dedicated to creating these accessible resources and support groups for our community, and being with people every step of the way of their journey to parenthood.”
App download link: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/freya-surge-timer/id1447509164