Activity idea for Barbies
My daughter really loves her barbie dolls, so I have been trying to find some activities that we can do with them.
After a few goes in the sand tray, our barbies were obviously pretty dirty so we decided to set up a barbie bath station outside, so my children could give them a good wash.
What do you need for this activity?
- Barbie dolls
- A bath – we used a storage box
- Bubble bath
- Small towels – we used flannels
- Washing accessories – we had dolls brushes and pretend bottles of lotions and shampoos
How to do the activity
One of the highlights of this activity was actually filling up the bath! We did this activity outside, so I put some bubble bath In the bottom of the storage box, then gave my children the hose pipe to fill it up with. Next to the storage box I laid out a blanket, where I put some washing accessories and the towels. On the other side of the box I laid out all the barbies, ready to wash.
I tried to leave my children to do this activity how they wanted, to encourage their creative and imaginative skills.
Ways to adapt the activity
- You don’t need to use barbies, you could use dolls or toy animals
- If it’s a bit cold outside you could always do this activity in your actual bath inside
For more fun activity ideas click here