The sun is finally shining and we have a week off to enjoy with our children. As restrictions lift we have much more choice of places we can visit, but the costs can add up quickly. I have put together a list of 10 things you can do with your children, which will be lots of fun and won’t cost you a penny.
- Find a new playpark – We have about 3 parks which we tend to visit regularly, but there are so many great playparks close by, that we have never even visited before. Put out a message on facebook or ask your mum friends for park recommendations and work your way through the list.
- Let your child take you on an adventure – Step out of your front door and let your child direct where they are going. It will be so interesting to see where your child wants to go and you could even find some new places you haven’t been to before, just 15 minutes from your front door.
- Go for a picnic – This could be a picnic in your local park or if you are lucky enough to have local woods nearby or other beautiful locations, make the most of the lovely weather and get outside.
- Go and collect Flowers or leaves to use to make potions, or even to use in a sticking activity.
- Go for a bike ride
- Learn a new sport. Getting back to school and sports classes has really ignited my children’s interests in lots of different types of sports. If you are lucky enough to have a garden there are lots of sports you can try at home. Make a football goal and have some shooting practice. Get a tennis racket and ball and practice balancing the ball on the racket, or teach them about basic rallying by hitting the ball between eachother on the floor.
- Learn a new skill – This could be learning to ride a bike, how to do a handstand, how to cook something or a new sport.
- Magic Painting activity – this is a great activity for sunny days – check out how to do this here.
- Youtube drawing tutorials – My son loves following the drawing tutorials on Youtube, there are so many you can try.
- Ice Play – My two have wanted to do Ice play every day since the sun has been out and I first set it up. See how you can do that activity here.
If you have any other ideas for fun, free things to do with kids, please let us know in the comments section below.
For more other fun activity ideas click here
Cover photo By piola666 on Canva
All other images are from Canva